Downsides of Gutter Guards: What to Consider Before Installing
- Gutter guards, including micro mesh gutter guards, have both pros and cons.
- One major downside is the cost, as different materials and design options can drive up the price.
- Another con to consider is the potential for debris to still accumulate on top of the gutter guards, requiring occasional maintenance.
- Additionally, some types of gutter guards may not be compatible with certain roofing systems.
- Installation errors can also lead to issues such as water leakage, so proper installation is crucial.
Gutter guards offer many benefits for homeowners, such as preventing clogs and reducing the need for frequent gutter cleaning. However, it’s important to weigh the downsides before installing them. The cost, the potential for debris accumulation, compatibility with your roofing system, and proper installation are all factors to consider. By thoroughly evaluating these aspects, you can make an informed decision about whether gutter guards are the right choice for your home.